Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dear Blog,

Don't be sad that no one reads you anymore - it's not your fault. The thing is, circumstances have changed. You have become inaccessible at work (although our relationship was always pretty inappropriate) which limits your spontaneity and your exposure. People just don't want to spend their free time with you. I know it's sad, but we have to face the facts.

It's not all your fault, though. I will be the first to admit that the excitement level of the content has dropped dramatically in the last little while. It's my fault that I no longer have anything interesting to write about. Perhaps we should contemplate things that would spice up the content a bit?

Potential topics:
  • blow by blow of the trip to NYC - I shall try to get into as much trouble as possible to maximize the entertainment value.
  • possibly knit secret projects for undisclosed recipients. This would add some dramatic tension
  • find someone new to obsess about - more points for having dire consequences (Stephen Harper, Fleetwood, Liiiiiiiiiiiiiievonan). This of course is easier said than done since one can't just turn on the "foolhardy" hormones

Sigh. Suggestions welcome. I don't want to resort to pictures of the cat.

Played hooky today. Worked a bit, went for a great run in the sun on the boardwalk, hung at the PP, went to see Dr. P (actually her nurse practitioner who I really like), got massive quantites of roti from Gandhi on Queen, walked home for the first time this year with both kids and didn't have to carry Jack, and ate so much I think I'm going to pop.

A good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not true. I still read.
I hate you for playing hooky. You missed the big announcement about a 'mandatory meeting.' The following people are layed off: M-------, B---