Saturday, July 26, 2008

I am a dork

Why does it take me so long to clue into the "essence" of a pattern? Are other people like this? If so, no wonder they think knitting is hard. It is hard, if you don't "get" the pattern.

Take Clapotis, for that matter. My first try it took me HOURS of poring over the pattern to even get through the initial increase rows. Now, since I know what dropped stitches look like and get the whole twisted border stitch thing - it's SOOOO easy! OK, I can tell it's going to get boring but I'm so feeling the Dye-Version Bamboo Sport love and the colour is so much better in reality than this pic:Silky, drapey, shiny, yummy.

Tiger Sweater? Jeanie? Socks? I know not these projects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

currently that project looks like princess leia.

Anonymous said...

oh and i bought my alligator - SO EXCITED. i bought 'nocturnal'
i wonder if i will knit it?

Lise said...

YES you will knit it.
Hmmm... never noticed the Leia thing, but you're right.