Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back on track

Well, blogging has been pretty sporadic lately, but I have a plan. Inspired by the fabulous Miko and Julie and Julia, (the book, not the movie) we are going to knit our way through a book. In our infinite wisdom we have chosen The Knitter's Book of Yarn.

The first pattern in this book is a cabled tea cosy which I have , on 2 separate occasions, tried to knit with no success. I think that may be an inauspicious start, but WTF. Go big or go home. Also - there is lace in this book. Danger, Will Robinson!

I don't know why I think this will improve my blogging. Perhaps avoiding knitting will increase my output. I have no deep philosophical reasons to do this. I just think it might be fun, and definitely a challenge. I think Feb 1 is the start date, and I plan to knit as much of this as I can from my stash. Especially the poo-cle, mohair, and anything in pink.

One Book. Forty patterns. One serious lapse in judgment.

1 comment:

GUNTer said...

ohhhhhhh yes. lurve this idea. mayhap you will be giving the results to friends and family?