Sunday, January 31, 2010

Clean sweep

It's January 31st and I am preparing to usher in the new Knitter's Book of Yarn (KBOY) Year of Knitting. I would like to say I have cleaned house, organized my stash, completed all my outstanding FO's and picked all the yarn for my projects but that is too much like organization for me. Some things have happened coincidentally, so we will say they are in response to my bold knitting plan:

One night I was so tired I took 1/2 a Percocet night to put me in my happy place and ensure a good nights sleep. I wanted the warm fuzzy feeling but it didn't happen! I was most disappointed. I guess, like most bad relationships, I was in love with the idea of Percocet, rather that the reality. Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back until my next serious injury.

I've swept my colon. Our house was ravaged with the tsunami of stomach flu - we all had it. Eight hours of purging from both ends x three people. It was a full upper body workout and I lost a few full days of sleep. Oh well - it's over and we all survived and my pants fit better. I'd like to say I'm taking advantage of the kick-start to drop a few pounds, but my bad habits are already creeping back. Oh, and I broke my favourite glasses. It was my own fault and I wasn't even cross at the time but I am very sad. Bring on the laser eye surgery. Oh, except I had to cancel my appointment due to the barfies... feh.

Organized my Ravelry queue! (Man, I could give them some pointers about drag and drop, but I ain't no IT professional). All the KBOY projects are at the top and in their own queue. First project: the Diamond and Pearls Shawl. That should be amusing.

Also - I watched Start Wars ( I don't have a clue which one - the prequel) and I LOVED it. I thought they did such a good job of introducing all the characters and most of them were damn perfect. Leonard Nimoy looks like he might be dead and embalmed already, but he made an appearance.

Let the madness begin!

No comments: