Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Retro

My friend Barb has a machine which stamps messages on little metal coins. Tres cool. Apparently they were around in the 70's - at Union Station, Centre Island, probably lots more tourist traps. (I wouldn't know - my parents weren't keen on anything that required money.) You select some letters and it punches your message (for a lasting keepsake!) on the metal token.

She made me this:I'm "Sensei" because I know how to read a pattern and can tell the difference between worsted and fingering weight yarn. Not exactly onerous qualifications, but I'm tickled pink none the less. Barb and Cathy are "Members". Hee. So pleasing. I find the "Good Luck" very appropriate in so many ways.

Also - I saw this on Steeles on my way home from work and I really wanted it. Too bad I don't have a pickup any more.
And I must have a disorder - I want to knit this for Amy Singer:


I loves me some Viking sweater. Miraculously (seriously) I have the same number of stitches in each section of knitting, exactly the right amount.

2 comments:

GUNTer said...

1. holey moley your camera takes good pix my friend. the little token is clearer than clear!
2. what is it you want to knit for amy s? something about the ukelele?
3. i have a headache
4. im enjoying my toes.

mjm knitting said...

tres cool token there my friend. can i be a member too???

loving the blue sweater. the colour is awesome.

that lounge set would have looked awesome in your front room.

i'll swap you the kids for all my mosquito and black fly bites.......