Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stuff...

I cannot knit lace on my 360. I don't know if it's me or the machine, but it's gruesome.

My February Viking Sweater is ticking along quite nicely. Slowly since I've decided knitting at work is unacceptable. Ah well, in a week it will be too hot to wear it so there's no rush.

Knit up the front of my Lotus Blossom on the 360 in half an hour only to discover my gauge was whacked. I swatched and everything, I just didn't check what I got against the what the pattern called for. Einstein.

My children are animals. 'Nuff said.

I have a new baby. A very early Singer/Superba SIT. Of course one of the ones Patrick doesn't have. (I have run across numerous references to Patrick today as he is the Superba king, and it makes me sad.)

I LOVE this machine. The needles are sticky and need replacing and the yarn mast has issues, I suspect, but otherwise look like it will work like a charm. I can even cannibalize the extra clamps from my 360, which is about the only thing it is missing. $50. Quelle bargain. Roni Knutson has a pic of one on her page and it's the only one like it I have seen - and it shows what that round thing is for!
Good thing I have no social life as I can think of much better things to do with my time than waste it on someone with no interest in me.

1 comment:

mjm knitting said...

I'm sticking to lace on my needles-ta very much.
Still loving the colour of that sweater.
Great photo of the boys, even if they are animals.
Very cool new knitting machine, but i'm holding out for a weavers loom,
Ten thousand curses on the man that's got no time for the fabulous viking you are.