Monday, May 2, 2011

Retrospective

I love this blog.  It puts my life into perspective and makes things crystal clear that might otherwise be allowed to pass by relatively unnoticed.

Lets take the douchebag dude.  I believe I made some crack about him being "too busy" last post.  I have officially labelled him done since he seems incapable of returning my emails in a timely manner, or at all now.  Douche.  I can see now that it took me a full two weeks of BS to come to that conclusion.  Actually, that's not bad for me.  But still... I'll do better next time.  Dude had weird taste in music and was a weird kisser anyway.
 ___________________________________________________________

Anyone want a Wii?  I'm taking mine away from the kids today, calmly and politely.  For at least a month, until the sass and disrespect and trashtalking is over.  I cannot believe I let things get so out of hand.  I am a bad parent.  The kind that lets their kids play Wii even when they talk to her like a piece of dirt on the bottom of their shoe.  The kind of kids who wake up using that tone with their mama.  This is NOT the way my house is going to be.  It's making me angry and crazy and undermining the minimal parenting selfconfidence I do have.  Get the fuck outside and play with your friends.
____________________________________________________________

Raging PMS last week.  So bad I ate all the accumulated stash of chocolate, 6 Joe Louis in less than 12 hours, bread and butter to feed a boarding school.  I did run twice towards the end of the week, but that didn't really make up for it.  Today I'm back on the wagon with only a few transgressions into pretzels.  Let's hope the worst has passed.

I'm sewing a new dress.  I didn't like the shape of the cream one with black trees or whatever they were so  switched to the grey dress pattern (really, no one notices the difference except me).  Went out on a limb and made size 16 (the original grey one was 22!) so I don't know if it will fit.  It's sort of limey green with pink flowers on it.  If this one works (and isn't too short - I think I cut it off about 5" too short) I'm going to make a black one from that pattern.  Depending on the fit/feel, I'll either make it one layer or I'll make it with a striped lining.  That striped Egyptian cotton from the Fabric Store of Amazement is too good not to have next to your skin.  Then I'm going to make one with the curtain material Barb gave me.  And then... and then... and then.... I could make them forever.  I also need to improvise a sundress pattern for the cowboy fabric.  And don't forget the magenta stuff I bought last week!  You never know when I'll need a fancy-ass party dress. Yeah.  Like never.

Oh, and practiced off-skates derby with two of the M's and third-person Rosa in Michelle's parking garage..  So. Much. fun.  I sort of though it would be lame but it was AWESOME and so helpful.  I think I'll take up skateless roller derby :D

No comments: