Friday, April 15, 2011

Rating the week.

Fridays should be for looking back on your week and seeing how you are (mis)spending your time.   I should do it every week.

Work:  Wasted about 80% of my time.  Gotta work on that.  Had some quality naps, though.  Work my douchebag teeshirt today, which pretty much sums up the depths to which I've fallen.

Kids:  Used the F-bomb in direct relation to my eldest child.  Not as in "jesus fucking christ" like I usually do, but more like "you wretched fucking child".  Yeah, excellent parenting skills there.   And it happened twice in the same evening.  Some days their nonsense just washes over me and some days... maybe not drinking is the wrong approach.  Maybe more drinking is the key.  Something to contemplate.

Drugs:  Really, how much pain medication do I really need to ingest?  For the migraines, two high-dose rounds of aspirin; for the knee, enough advil that I ran out;   for the back, enough robaxacet that I ran out (though that seems to be nicely fixed); and my nightly dose of perc to make me sleep like a warm and fuzzy baby. Mmmmmm sleep.  Not to mention a day of agony because I forgot to take my hernia stuff for a few days and it takes a while to kick back in.  Cue the daily pill box,  I am becoming an old lady!!!

Derby:  Wrenched back on Friday night, skated Sat anyway.  That made it feel better.  Then skated Monday night with Michelle and that was good too.  It's the sitting on my ass that makes things hurt.  Played on the street with Calvin on Wed night, which was fun.  That kids rocks his roller blades.  I have to get him to come and practice with the girls - I bet he's make a great obstacle for us.  I should probably invest in some proper padding for him though.  Nothing after that though, except I ran yesterday which made my knee hurt.  Feh.

Boy:  What boy?  I know you're busy and all but really?  Is it always the same stupid story?  He did wish me a happy birthday but that's the last I heard from him.  Feh.


Food:  I have become a compulsive chocolate buyer - no, scratch that.  I am *still* a compulsive chocolate buyer.  This seems to work for me if I leave it at home since I don't have much desire to eat it there, go figure.  So I still buy it compulsively and it accumulates and occasionally I will eat some.  If I bring it to work I'm so bored I will eat. it. all.  Like I want to now.  Chocolate?  Anyone have any chocolate???

Overall rating?  Last Friday it stated around a C, peaked on Sunday night at A+ and declined steadily every since to today's low of D.  Nowhere to go but up, right???

No comments: