Monday, August 3, 2009

Is a promise different than a threat?

I was going to post about my great long weekend, how productive it was and how decluttered my house is, but then the kids came back and I lost all the zen feelings I had. They didn't list to a word I said all evening until I said:

Fine. I shall unplug the TV until Friday and if your behaviour improves you can have it back and if not, I'll give it away.

I take that as a promise but it's probably a threat and I don't care - it's the only thing that worked.

Anyway...

I love surging. I want to surge up the universe. Here is evil sheddy Wonderwoman cape before:


And after: MAGIC.



Buttercup. The word for this garment is CRAZY.

A. It's going to be tiny due to major miscalculations. Gauge fine, my brain, not so fine.
B. Almost drove myself crazy with hours of math followed by hours transferring stitches on the machine. Gave up eventually and took it off the machine and will handknit the rest.
A. The pattern has very few stitch counts. As i am knitting it upside down, I have to do the reverse math and it's driving me bonkers not having any reference points.
D. Reading a pattern in reverse is difficult.
E. Damn cotton is biasing like a bitch. I guess you get what you pay for. Anyone know a lop-sided twelve year old who'd like Buttercup?


(for you non-knitter out there - you know who you are - biasing is when your knitting leans in one direction, rather than being straight up and down. Very attractive having your side seam crawl across your ample belly...)

1 comment:

mjm knitting said...

i love the wonder woman cape!
and the colour you choose for buttercup even if it's being a pain in the arse