Saturday, June 5, 2010

Grand Finale - moving on.

OK, I am posting this sort of reluctantly since I kind of feel like it makes me look like a mad psycho stalker, but WTF. If you haven't figured that out by now... ;)

When we left our happy couple, Daniel and Ange, they had merrily arrange to meet up in the Yonge and Eg neighbourhood in which Ange resides. Unfortunately, Ange had "something com up" and had to email Daniel to let him know she couldn't make it.

Darling Daniel didn't take it well. He thought she should have called him to let him know. Really? I was pretty sure that's what cell phones were for, but when you didn't call me to cancel and instead thought it was appropriate to use email, I thought I'd been mistaken and quit using mine. Ange sent him a quick message saying "I think I made my point." and then promptly blocked him.

I was tempted not to block him just to see what he would say, but common sense won out. I want him to be pissed, but not to make a cast-iron connection between Ange and I. I don't think that would be good. He could, theoretically, do the same thing again, under a different name, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's got bigger fish to fuck with. I have blocked him from my profile and deleted Ange's entirely.

End of story.
________________________________________________________________

Here is the modern equivalent of the plastic owl used to scare away pigeons: the rubber coyote, complete with hairy tail. These (apparently) scare away Canada geese so they don't leave nasty pile of goose shit everywhere. They are put in strategic location, and - get this - it's someone's job to move them around periodically!

Here he is, lurking outside our building (yes, highly illegal on-the-property shot.)



___________________________________________________________________

The kids got to go rock climbing at the school fun fair last weekend. Jack was gung ho but bailed half way up.





Calvin made it up the "hard side" in about 15 seconds. He LOVED it.

Up:



And down.


It's a pretty sophisticated set up - it's all mechanized so they don't have a person on the other end of the cable, and if they let go they just hang. They grab the padded part of the cable and it lowers them slowly down. Pretty cool.
___________________________________________________________________

Happy children. Upper and lower blocks have FINALLY united. We now have a zillion kids and two nets. Awesome.


The upper and lower blocks of our street have FINALLY united. We now have a zillion kids and two nets. Awesome.

No comments: