Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ah, January

How joyous. Yesterday the boys were digging in the dirt, riding their bikes, and today - well, it's garbage day so of course it's super windy, and the temp has dropped to -8 or something stupid like that. No wonder I'm sick. Woke up last night gagging on goo and couldn't get out of bed this morning. I'm going to spend the day doing nothing.

Nice, eh? I'm just glad it's not my car.




KnitNight at the Purple Purl last night and it was packed - I swear it gets busier and busier every time. The illustrious Amy Singer of http://www.knitty.com/ was there, and I got to show her my finished 4x hat - my version of Swell. It was swell.

Mary showed up which was nice - haven't seen her in ages - and we devised a plan to make the silly shawl somewhat more acceptable. I though it would make a great skirt on her skinny frame, but she thought the crotch holes were a bit risque. Perhaps she had a point.







I'm going to learn to type at work. I'm so tired of fixing typos and sometimes I get freaked out at the words I type - totally unrelated to what I am thinking.

My ADD is alive and well - witness the next new projects: pants for Irene's baby new baby girl (or boy) Barb! Don't look - I'm not knitting this, I'm knitting papa's socks. Really.

No comments: