Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How many is too much?

Jelly beans, that is. I ate close to a pound of them last night. Yum yum. Amazing that I didn't throw up - not so amazing that my pants don't fit anymore. Jellybeans are the perfect knitting food - not sticky, no crumbs, don't melt onto your hands, quick to pick up a handful and jam then in your mouth.... mental note: do NOT buy any more jelly beans.

Knit Jo's sweater yesterday as I decided the deadline on that (Feb 28) was approaching much faster than the deadline for the socks (end of April). Don't I have just an amazing grasp of the properties of time? I get smarter all the time, I swear. Anyway, the purling continental thing doesn't seem to look as nice as it did before. I think my tension is loosening up too much. And while I CAN cable without a needle and it may work beautifully in a 4-or 6-stitch cable, with a 12-stitch cable it's doable but way more time -consuming that with the needle (read: a living nightmare). Now I just need to find where I put it after I decided I'd never need cable needles again.

Oh yeah, I did knit the socks until I came to the above-mentioned stunning conclusion. I have switched to straights for the flat part though as it seems to work better for me. The only 2.5mm straichts were some gold ones from god only knows where which had obviously been used for some sort of mechanicaljimmy-ing as they have some sreious kinks in them. I did my best to straighten then out and it doesn't seem to bother me at all. Go figure. The points are unsullied, which is the most important part.



Speaking of which, why can I not throw out needles that are trashed? I mean really trashed. Actually missing the tips, or having strange gum-like stuff on them. Or concentric deep groves on the tip (I can only imagine how that happened). They're functionally useless. Throw them out!

Got an email from Tits re her birthday, which was nice. Good to see she actually reads her messages.

Cast on the next relief hat 4 times yesterday chez Dr. P. There's a quality use of time. You'd think I'd have mastered casting on by now and it wouldn't require a mention, but 4 times? For a hat? I think that qualifies as moron material.

Pics later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who Tits is but i sure like her nickname.