Sunday, June 12, 2011

Testus Interruptus

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Didn't get the testing finished because we ran out of time and I couldn't stay but
YAY!

All I can say is that the testing committee in general was so helpful, supportive and clear about their expectations.  Moni Chrome in particular rocks my world.  I love her.

I.  Did.  The.  Cones.  

They gave us 6 tries, not 3.  The first try I did them all and then just missed the last one.  I thought that was all I was going to do.  Tries 2-5 sucked the hairy one. Then, on try #6, I did them ALL.  OK, I ran over the last one but they gave me a 2!!!!  I could not have been more thrilled and happy.  I think it was sheer force of will that got me through those cones.  I tend to get pissy when I start fucking up and things go downhill from there, but they were so encouraging that I did it.  Yay me!

The rest of the test was unremarkable except tfor the good feeling, camaraderie and support form the other dskjaters and the testers.  It made it fun, not stressful.  Except for the plow stop.  But I think I got a 1 even on that.  My hits sort of sucked but I didn't fall on my ass, gave and got a few good ones so I should be OK.

I'll have to finish the testing later, maybe Jul 10.  I'll be at the cottage but it will be worth the trip to get er done.  It's only moving around the track and endurance, neither of which I'm worried about and then I'll be a WFTDA skater!!!!!!!

I'm a wee bit bummed about the lack of completion but totally riding the high!

1 comment:

GUNTer said...

i knew you would pass!!!!!!!
wooooooot
now you need a name.