Sunday, March 8, 2009

B is for bored

All I have left on poor Sylvi is 1/2 of one flower. I loathe knitting these flowers, simple though they are, but more than that I dread sewing them all on. That's all I have left so I am procrastinating like crazy.

I have been eyeing the Foliage hat pattern on Knitty for a while, but when Sarah stared wearing hers to the Purl I fell in love. It was beautiful, and knit out of the lovely Malabrigo, which I have in my stash. I have been trying to knit some of my stash up lately, so it was perfect. (We shall not discuss the recent additions to my stash that won't get knit up for years at this rate.)

So I stash dove and found this great Malabrigo clone, bought in my soaker-making days. 100% Purewool, single ply, scrummy soft. Green of course since it's foliage (and also since Sarah's is green). I'm nothing if not original.

Started Friday night, finished Saturday night, no modifications to needle size, unbelievably fun to knit. All projects should be so rewarding.

Guaranteed to make me look like a dork.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no dorking in that hat. im so jealous you could knit it in 24 hours. however, i will reiterate that it is neither scrummy nor soft.

Lise said...

You're high. There's more to life than cotton, you know.

Anonymous said...

the word cotton always comes with the word gusset in my mind. and i know you like gussets.