Saturday, April 9, 2011

Todays sponsor: Robaxacet

Awesome practice!  I was involved in my first high-speed pileup last night!  We were doing endurance (25 laps in 5 minutes) and someone wiped out right in front of me.  I couldn't have avoided her if I tried so I sort of threw myself over her, landing on... my hands and right shoulder, I think.  I executed a very sloppy sort-of monkey roll over her.  Something went crunch but it was surprisingly unpainful.  And I still managed to do 23 laps!  There is hope. I was actually more relaxed after the wipeout and made better time, I think.  I get all wiggy about the endurance test and totally forget how to skate.

I spent a significant amount of time in the tub last night, armed with a big glass of wine and a bowl of chips.  That was about all I could find to eat.  Doesn't seem to have helped much as my back is KILLING me.  Going to skate with Michelle anyway, maybe it will loosen me up a bit.  Turns out we *do* have to know how to weave though pylons on one foot, so that will be today's focus.  I totally can't do it.

Incurred another knuckle injury, surprise, surprise.  I think I might have to go with Bloody Knuckles as my Derby name after all.  I dunno.  I change my mind all the time.  The frontrunners are:

Bloody Knuckles
Lotter Bruises
Blood Sweat and Beers

Thoughts?

2 comments:

GUNTer said...

lotter bruises hands down.
lotter lacerations?
lotter felatio?

Lise said...

Geez, it's a good thing my mother doesn't read this, you pig.
Lotter Colonel Angus?