Saturday, April 18, 2009

K is for... karma?

In some convoluted way, I'm sure all this makes sense and one makes up for the other... whatever. Karma started with K. Either that or I'm in for some mega payback.

I find I can do construction with my boys present these days. Granted it's not fast, and often not pleasant, but it is possible. Poor Cathy saw them at their screaming fighting best when she dropped off the railing (ain't she a champ? I am so grateful - must make cupcakes.) but they had settled down by this afternoon and I was actually making some progress.

I was trying to make the bottom step for the stairs and had spent at least an hour leveling the ground for the patio stone at the base when I gave up. The fucker must weigh 50 pounds and each time I had to move it it was a chore. I rolled it out of the way and propped it up against the side of the house.

Enter my charming, inquisitive Jack. He staggers towards me saying "I hurt myself, mummy". As usual. But I take off his shoe to investigate as requested and there is a GIANT PURPLE BLOB on the top of his foot!!!!!!!!!!!! I bundled him inside and installed him on the couch with a bag of frozen corn and eventually ferreted out that the goddamn patio stone had fallen on it. I feel sick just thinking about it.

After consulting the emerg # of our doctor and my local resident nurse, I decided to take him to emerg. HAR. Last time I do that for things other than breathing/head wound related injuries. 4 hours later I gave up and took my tired, overcartooned child home without even having been seen. I will seek the advice of my REAL doctor on Monday. He can't walk on it, and even when falling won't put his weight on it and I am just the teensiest bit worried.

Of course, then Calvin hit his elbow on the bathroom door and declared himself incapable of the most rudimentary tasks. Monkey see...

But the funny part is as I was leaving for the hospital I thought - where are the health cards? Having been blessed with a new wallet on Monday, I had transferred all my stuff to the new one and chucked the old, but for love or money I couldn't remember putting the health cards in (they were in they're own compartment). FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!.

I looked in the garbage and didn't see them, but then I thought - that garbage is pretty full, I bet I didn't put it out on garbage day (Tuesday) and - PRAISE THE FUCKING LORD - when I looked closer it was in there, the health cards tucked snugly into their compartment.

Karma indeed. I'm gonna pay somehow.

1 comment:

GUNTer said...

DUUUUUDE cannot believe you:
1. threw that wallie out - you could have cut out the neato figures and used them for something!
2. threw out your health cards!!!!!!!!!!!