Wednesday, April 29, 2009

O is for ...

I don't know - obnoxious opportunistic eye infection? Maybe we should just skip straight to P is for Pinkeye. Maybe not - I can live in hope. 5 minutes talking my kid down from the ceiling so I can dose him up with polysporin is NO fun. Expired polysporin, I might add Yep, parent of the century AGAIN! No surprise since half the freaking daycare has it, but I don't have to like it.

Or O could be what I'm aiming for Saturday night... I'm not spelling that puppy out. Use your imagination. You shall have to anyway, since it hasn't happened yet.

In knitting related news, I shall digress back a few day to the Frolic. It was hardly a frolic, more like a battle to stay on your feet while surrounded by hordes of bargain-hungry yarn shoppers. The Purple Purl had by far the best booth, IMHO. Best location, best sales, tons of yummy stuff and of course, the best staff, paid and volunteer!

I got to see the chick from Indigo, but I had no desire to meet her as she is clearly a spinner (in the non-yarn sense) but she did have my sock there! Colour me proud - I guess it couldn't have been too hideous.

Bought too much yarn with too little purpose - all greens, except a skein of Noro Silk Garden Sock id wild yellows and greens (oh, I guess that IS green) and some cool Dye-Version bamboo sock with lycra. They combine my two loves so expertly, and in a fabulous shade of purple to boot. (I'll do pics when my computer is back off loan.)

Today I committed myself to the Lotus Blossom tank - WITH Lickety Knits' mods or it will be a disaster. IK, what were you thinking? The original sure does have some serious flaws. But I bought some gorgeous Mist Alpaca pima cotton/silk in cornflower blue and I might just have to cast it on... NOW.

Yeah, right. HALF a tank top made of lace - who are you kidding? I give you a week before it's back in the frogpond.

2 comments:

GUNTer said...

what is this 'indigo chick' and your sock? i know not of this.

Lise said...

She's the lady I knit the green socks for as a swap for sock yarn. And she's nuts, just for the record. Whatever, she makes nice colours. You saw the socks.