Saturday, May 22, 2010

Because I'm all about the drama

I have a minorly obsessive personality. I'm glad it doesn't seem to apply to substances (other than chocolate) or gambling or something equally destructive, just to my emotional state. Over the years, I have got a grip on this problem, managing to be somewhat restrained in how I express myself. (We shall overlook Fairycakes and the OMG I've committed professional suicide! incident of 2007(?). Fortunately I also seem to be attracted to men who have the ability to completely ignore anything that doesn't fit into their strategy. Convenient, eh?)

Anyway, as a humiliation-sparing strategy, this blog has become an outlet for the things I want to say to people but really thing would be a bad idea. Many times it works. Not always, but mostly. As such, I give you what I would like to send to dude as a harassment technique: The Kübler-Ross five stages of grief.

Stage one: Denial

This is one of my favourites and I can stay in this stage for a long time. He didn't dump me. He really did have three unrelated very important events come up, coincidentally on the same night we made plans. Coincidentally at the last minute. And the fact that I haven't heard from him since doesn't mean he's REALLY not interested, oh no. It probably means something really important and probably bad came up, distracting him from checking his PoF mail. What, he managed to check three times a day before? Well, he must have been hit by a bus. Maybe someone died. Yeah, that's it!

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's over. I'm still working though the stages and obviously haven't got to the last one yet. Maybe this will help. Stay tuned as we work through the successive stages: Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.)

No comments: