Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PoF #1: an objective review

Let's cast aside the emotion and futz of the past few weeks and focus on how things *really* went in my first little fishing expedition.

I initiated contact. The fish in question seemed interested, and thus followed an email exchange lasting a few day. The productive part culminated in him asking me if I 'd like to meet for a drink. Or course I would. He seemed charming, witty, very well spoken, if a little unwilling to be serious. There was none of the discussion about what do want out of this or "what do you do, what are your life goals, do you want to save the world, etc., etc. I suppose that should have been a clue, but hey. Things were progressing nicely and I figured I could feel him out properly in person. Trust me, that's always the best way to do it. Someone can come off so well over the net and in person be completely different.

At this point things started to go downhill. Date #1 - fish emails at the last minute to say he has to work late. Fine, it happens. Date #2 - fish emails to say he just can't make it. Uh huh. Date #3 - oops, fuckfish forgot it was his sister's birthday! Are you starting to see a pattern? Good, because I'm so dumb I gave him another chance. We degenerated into some marginally smutty talk and agree sometime next week (this week) we could meet up. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Last night I gave him the gears for being lame, having lame excuses, blah blah blah. Nothing really rude, not worse that we'd been backing and forthing for weeks now. And then the last message I tried to send him wouldn't go - it said:

This user has BLOCKED YOU.

Seriously. How passive aggressive is that? Just man-up and tell me to get lost. Sorry, were you being too subtle for me? AAARRRGGGHHH. It makes me feel like a creepy psycho stalker who's been harassing him with no reciprocation - which is NOT the case FYI.

You know when you say to yourself, wow - this guy is hot and smart and nice. Why does he need to find a date on the internet? Now I know. HE DOESN'T EXIST.

No comments: