Saturday, May 23, 2009

Baking

I am pleased to report that I finally got a new stove. Better late than never. It does things I won't be able to figure out I'm sure, and it has the most bizarre setting: a Sabbath Feature - for cooking on the Sabbath and Holidays. So I gather you're not allowed to work on the Sabbath and this allows you to do everything but the cooking, which presumably then happens automatically? Odd because it does have a delay feature and I think it's hysterical that it has a special feature just for that. Go figure. Maybe GE is run by fundamentalists? Regardless, I'm looking forward to using it. Maybe I'll make brownies.Oh, and I have to say this was the single least painful appliance purchase I have ever made. 10 minutes to buy it and they delivered it when they said they would, cheerfully (especially notable considering my tiny house and the fact that the space was too small for the sticky-outy top part and they got it to fit with narry a scratch AND it's level). LOVE those dudes. Oh, and it was cheap.

Did some baking with Miko and Melinda. Haven't laughed so hard in ages. For them I give you this:
Sometimes when I'm crying in the car on my way to work I get a spray of tears on my glasses from my eyelashes, and then when I get to work I have to clean them.
Kind of like "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey, for anyone who used to watch Kids in the Hall.

Also - the Alien Head tank is stalled, waiting for me to make a decision on what to do next:

But Miko's poncho is rocking. I strongly suspect this will turn out to fit a midget - then we'll just call it a giant swatch and try again. Why am I knitting this when it's supposed to be her project? Good question. It's because I want it off the needles so I can do MY projects. Purely selfish.

1 comment:

mjm knitting said...

I totally forgot to admire your new stove last night.
Thanks for the laughs!