Monday, May 18, 2009

Looooooong Weekend

Remember when a long weekend meant something? Lazing on the dock drinking beer and eating corn chips for three days? Road trips somewhere cool? Visiting friends you haven't seen in ages?

Sigh. Now a long weekend is sumpin else. Three days of whining, fighting, and if you're really lucky, chock full of birthday parties. I don't hate it, but it's just not the same. I love not having to rush around but man, it seems so... pointless. We should be DOING something. I guess that's my fault - I should plan something. The kids are getting to the age where it shouldn't be torture. Hopefully.

Speaking of parties, my entire family was banned fom my house during the party due to actual or impending stomach flu. I am NOT inviting that particular guest. I had a large moment of panic and almost managed to sequeeze out a tear when I contemplated being alone in a house full of savages, but then I thought - that will be FIVE less people in my house! Three less grownups! Yay! And of course it was fine. Talk about a confidence builder.

Shall we talk about my social life? No-dick dude has unceremoniously bowed out of the LL race. Thanks for the heads-up dude. Manners are free, you know. And then there's Amy and Jennifer's plan - if dude is even game. We shall see. The bar is currently VERY low.

Fireworks start at 9 tonight. Tomorrow morning should be fun!

No comments: