Friday, March 14, 2008

10:56.... no action...still hopeful...

Productivity: very low

Well, so far the day is just about freaking perfect. I'm wearing a shirt that's too tight and makes me look all bulgy, no sexy and scantily clad as I had intended. Plus it's got a blob of something strategically placed on the left boob - I'm not sure if I slopped my coffee on it or if it's residue from a previous wearing - either one is quite possible.

I would have tried the Tide pen on it, but I have discovered that old Tide pen smells like vomit. What kind of a marketing gimmick is that? Make a pen which magically removes the evidence of your clumsiness but leaves you smelling like someone sicked on you? Not a great idea. Oh, unless you're Tide of course, in which case it's great because your loyal customers are now wedded to the idea that they don't have to walk around all day anointed with the coffee they spilled on themselves when they slammed on the brakes in the car after checking their hair in the mirror only to look up and discover traffic had come to a screeching halt. Since they naturally detest the smell of barf, they go out and buy a new pen every month or so so they can still reap the benefits of the pen without smelling like an overworked orderly.

I have limited myself to one casual cruise through the campus to the cafeteria and back. Shockingly, there was no sign whatsoever of TH. I would have though he would have read my mind waves and be intercepting me in the nearest laneway to be propositioned.

Things are going well, aren't they? Someone should have clued me in that if you rely solely on chance encounters with the man of your dreams you are unlikely to get anything more that an unaccustomed amount of exercise and seriously frizzy hair from the rain.

Excuse me, I have a date with the side of a building.

No comments: