Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Yay! I feel like a million bucks, so in honour of the occasion (no other reason, really, what other motivation could I possible have???) I am all skanked up at work today. Short skirt, fluffy top, BOOTS. Yes, the big guns.

The boys were delivered home last night with Jack having just barfed. How freakin' fabulous! He seemed in fine spirits though, so we had a bath and went to bed. Clean bed, I might add, having spent all freaking day doing laundry. Sure enough - he barfs on MY duvet, which I just handed down to him, and Binky, which really needed a wash so that was OK. He barfed until about 3 am and each time I thought, "I really don't feel as bad as I should".

Woke up this morning a new person. Not tired, neck a bit sore, but generally GREAT!!!!! I'm such a great mom- I pack the munchkin off to daycare.

Do you care? No. Oh well, it just means now I can do something more taxing than the idiot proof hat. Which unfortunately is destined for the frogpond as it fits Calvin - not exactly the size my intended recipient.














(Why is this picture so crap? I'm sure it didn't look so bad before...)

I wish I could come up with a good use for my skanky outfit... besides numerous trips past the Building. How subtle is that. But have I ever been eyeballed today! Cathy would be jealous - I even got conversation out of it.

So... today's dilemma: how do I top the cupcake incident? I don't think I can. I think what I need to do is either put a cork in it, or go whole hog and ask him out. I shall have to be fully prepared for rejection, though. I strongly suspect this has all been in my mind all along, especially last week, the week we shall call "fugue state week".

Things I need to contemplate with more clarity:

1. He kissed me. I don't care where he kissed me or why or anything, he's not French and he kissed me. That is not something I'm prepared to gloss over. Not to mention it seems to be way over the normal bounds of work relationship without crossing any formal lines. The dude is GOOD.

2. He asked me if I was OK having lunch in the cafeteria. This is supposed to be my role. And my response was very sub-par - I just glossed over it! What was I thinking? We should have been dining uninterrupted chez the Holiday Inn. Poor showing, my friend.

3. He said "stop avoiding me". I wonder which incident this could have been in reference to? Because you know, I do it so often. It was probably the president's thingy, which was painfully obvious and juvenile, but could also have been the incident in the cafeteria where I pretended not to see him. Who knows? He does have a point though, and he noticed!!

Hai dued. Me hot for yew. Can we baing now, or layter?

No comments: