Friday, March 28, 2008

Day one.

This must be what it’s like to be a heroin addict – doing really stupid things just for the rush. But you gotta do more and more dumb stunts since you get hooked on the rush. At the time it feels awesome, and then sickening, and then you’re so relieved it’s over. Then the adrenalin fades and you have to think of something else to do to replicate the rush.

We did a drive-by at lunch. Classic stalking behaviour and I would have been absolutely and completely mortified if I had been caught. I made Morrison drive right INTO the little gated complex, but as soon as we were there I panicked and made her turn right around and get the hell out. God, imagine the implications of that. You can get away with being seen on the street but to actually be driving up to his front door????? A restraining order might not have been uncalled for. Every single car of class I was convinced was him, and the car next to us with a dude in a tweed jacket? Stroke material, my friends.

Anyway, I still have no confirmation either way, but dude is back on the email list AND the intranet. I’m not liking that one little bit. Imagine if I’ve made a serious miscalculation and he hasn’t actually left? It seems unlikely from the gossip swirling around, but the fact that I have not heard one concrete fact makes me highly suspicious. And the IS issues just add to the intrigue…

Imagine how mortifying it will be when he returns from whatever has him away (emergency?) to find he’s been sacked by public opinion. Not to mention my lame assed message. I’ll have to pull a Seinfeld and break in to erase the answering machine message.

*************Update: Positive confirmation by my boss that he was in fact TERMINATED. What a terrible word. Now I feel awful for him. He’ll get a might severance package and probably a good a mighty good lawyer, but still…

And hmmm…. Maybe it’s me. I seem to spread employment instability wherever I go. Look at Inco boy…sleeps with me and the next thing you know he’s been sacked. Sigh. Better not let that little gem get out or I’ll never get laid again. In fact I must be getting more virulent as I didn’t even have to sleep with Fairycakes, I just had to think about it.

At least I didn’t have the humiliation of him being back at work. Gotta look on the bright side.

One day down, 30 to go…I’m still calm and hopeful and ready to accept psychiatric help on an outpatient basis. No need for a straightjacket just yet. The question is – is he more or less likely to call me now that he’s been sacked rather than quitting? We might just break even on the edamame bets.

Oh, and I'm loving the sock - pattern and all.

No comments: