Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More of the same

Finished Calvin’s socks, which were greeted with great enthusiasm. I love my kids.

Speaking of which, it’s funny how one can loose perspective. Over the last month or so I have started to think that my kids won’t make it to their next birthdays. They’ve been driving me mad and I really wanted to kill them. However, it seems that perhaps it was not my kids. It was a combination of me being whacked, them being tired, out of sorts, and cranky, and everyone being off their feed.

I made chicken curry with rice and peas and naan last night and it was hoovered up. Jack was eating MEAT with a FORK. They both had a bowl of cereal afterwards. Oh joy, oh bliss. My chill’n are back! This morning it was cereal and two rounds of toast plus milk galore. No wonder they’re full of piss and vinegar – they eat enough for 10 men. I love them to pieces when they’re like this.

As for me, I find the sashaying is growing old. It feels (and I’m sure is) totally pointless. I need action or to lay off, and I’m too bored to lay off. What does that leave? I think it leaves me having to speak to the man, easier said than done. Maybe I’ll get my Etsy cards soon and I can use one of them as an appropriate (using the term very loosely) icebreaker for Fairycakes and I.

Who is hideous, according to Barb. Sigh. I am so deluded. Maybe it is just the accent and his undeniable charm, but I think he’s hot. So if he really is old and hideous, wouldn’t that make my chances better? My horrorscope says the approach of the full moon (that’s on Friday, FYI) makes it necessary for me to speak my mind. FC seems to be committed all day tomorrow so again it comes down to the one day deadline on Thursday, a fabulous repeat of last Friday’s pathetic performance. Now that’s something to look forward to.
I leave you with this stunning picture of Miko and her $250, 250 pound skirt. NWT, surprise surprise.

No comments: