Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I won the edamame!

Well, it was a nice theory: dude never gets back to me and I can let my overwhelming obsession die a natural death. Turns out this is not going to happen. Yesterday evening, email from the dude saying when will we have lunch. (OK, I cheated a bit and sent him a "priming" email on Friday but he didn't answer that so I thought I was a goner.) Am I sad? Ah, no. Au contraire.

On a somewhat related topic, I was also thinking that being crazy might not be so bad. What is wrong with having a totally different reality existing in your head? No nasty surprises, you get everything you want, you're always the cool kid, anything is possible! I sort of envy the people on Queen Street who can live their whole lives like this. OK, you wouldn't get anything done (at least not mentally taxing activities) and you'd have to be able to make the distinction between your worlds, but still... there's a lot to be said for not feeling guilty about having a vivid fantasy life. Guilt takes the fun out of everything.

My sympathies go out to my friend Carolyn - her husband was let go from the Ultimate Geek JobTM . However, he is very competent and I'm sure all will be well before too long. Having him home to help with the monsters will be a burden I think you can shoulder, Carolyn.

Oh, and I have a parcel - colour my life perfect. I think it's my purewool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sSince the natural death did not come about - Edamame will be paid.