Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rehash

I don't know why I worry about stuff like who's in the cafeteria. I'll tell you who's there: everyone and their dog. But fortunately no comments from BR. Slug lady was there and I saw her looking TWICE. Bet she wonders what's going on.

OK, here is the blow-by-blow...

I met him in the lobby where he was talking to some dude who I know but couldn't put a name too. All smiles, as usual. Nice teeth for an english boy. Manchester. Wait, wait while he finishes his convo. Then - get this - he does the kiss on the cheek thing. Two cheeks. I almost passed out. He has lovely smooth cheeks. I guess all that shows is that he's not a hairy Italian monster who has 5-o'clock shadow at 10 am, but it was nice.

So we go hang our coats - how civilized- and get lunch. As we're walking in he says you have to tell me all about reg. blah blah blah, and I looked at him and said - no, it's your turn to answer questions. Ha.

I took it as significant that they were serving mac & cheese so I didn't have to anguish over what to eat. Them's good picking food. I told the cafeteria chicky that I was paying and of course he said no, no, so I looked at her and said "I'm paying. He doesn't know what he's talking about." Smooth, eh? That's why I have to beat the men off with a stick.

Sat down, made some small talk we got down to the nitty gritty. Some highlights:

2 cars - he rents in France, Audi Quattro in the US, don't know about here - we got sidetracked but he parks underground.

He's buying a vacation place in Tuscany with his SIL. Life is rough.

His assistant services his car for him.

We were talking about Steve and I said something about him having a mid-life crisis and he said, "Oh, then he must be much older" which I totally didn't get at the time. God, he probably thinks I'm 30 or something ridiculous like that. Hmmm... how to sort THAT out?

He's hot and I'd bang him an a flash although... I think he smokes. Don't care. He's very craggy around the eyes. He has some weird mannerisms which I kind of like but I suspect might drive you mad after a while. Ah well, not like I'll get the chance to be driven mad by him.

Low points:

The legal chick came to join us. While she's a lovely gal, I wanted her to get the fuck outta there. Things degenerated from there, but as we were leaving (he had to go talk to someone else - the man is a fucking social butterfly) he says to me "and stop avoiding me". Ak! What's that supposed to mean?? Do you think he actually knew I knew he was in the caf yesterday? And to point it out? What's up with that?

I was shaking through the whole first half of lunch. And it turns out I had lettuce in my teeth. Fuckola.

Now what? If he had bought lunch I'd send him an email saying thanks - what are the chances of him dong the same? Pretty slim, I think. While he's very responsive to my emails, he's not big on instigating them. What I should do is let this rest and see what happens.

Whether or not I can do that is another question entirely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those minor details are so interesting! LOVE that slug was there checking it out!! Love the car details. Stupid legal chick, stupid lettuce.