Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Addictions

Why is it that the City of Toronto needs to clean the snowbanks off Steeles in RUSH HOUR, for the love of god? They've been there for weeks, it couldn't have waited a couple of hours?! They had two of six lanes blocked and it was a living nightmare. It's enough to make me stop driving.

Sometimes I really miss my old lifestyle. I spent the weekend with T in Beachburg and I felt like a 20 year old again. OK, admittedly a 20 year old with not much life, but still. The sense of no obligations was awesome. We drank, hung out, watched countless hours of Weeds (my new great addiction) and yapped. Very nice. Contemplating making "special" brownies to honour the occasion. Smoking might be bad, but brownies only make you fat.

Speaking of addictions, I am totally addicted to the quick and easy rush you get from knitting a hat. I abandon projects with absolutely no remorse if the prospect of one so much as crosses my mind. I did one for Mike on the weekend (basic black KP Swish, huge, tons of extraneous pet hair) which took me less than 2 days. Ah, how long will the love last? I'm knitting myself one finally out of Paton's merino in black (I decide the electric blue was too... electric) using the WW Keppie pattern. This particular hat is bringing me no end of joy as I have chosen it to use up the tiny remnant of yarn scored at the first Knitty yarn circle. I've been waiting for the appropriate project for it and this seems to be it. I don't even know what it it - I know it's Artyarns, and is wool and beads and something vaguely metallic and maybe silk. It is heaven. I feel angels singing when I knit with it. Its soft and silky and a joy to knit with even though it's got the beads. I figured a little bling couldn't hurt my basic black hat and it seems to look pretty good so far. Whether I'll wear it is another thing entirely...

Also bought some Paton's Merino in the aptly name Paprika to make a hat and maybe some mitts for T. She wanted rust and this was the closest I could get without stooping to acrylic.

Socks are languishing ever since I picked up the stitches for the foot. I fucked up somewhere and ended up with different numbers of rows on the socks, ripped it out and haven't got the inclination (or lighting, or eyesight) to pick them up again. Waiting for a peaceful, sunny day. And my Etsy stitch markers - that would help as I seem to be incapable of decreasing properly.

Finishing Jo's sweater for his birthday? Hahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oh, on a final note: my latest man addiction. I was expecting said man to take some initiative upon his return to our fair shores but I am told by my personal consultant that that is not going to happen. He will, according to the enlightened one, be expecting me to set up some sort of lunch thing (like a formal meeting request). You know what? I'm buggered if I'm going to do that. If he really does want to have lunch with me and is not just going with the flow, he'll A. remember and B. do what I said: tell me when he's back so we can set something up.

Too much to ask? Probably, but at least it might tone me down a bit from my truly obsessive fantasizing. Stay tuned. I only have this week to get through before he's back, then the whole of next week to stew about whether he'll be in touch. Fancy another little wager?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the addiction makes contact with you first regarding setting up said luncheon I will pay you one bag of edamame.
That is all.