Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What was I thinking?!

OK, maybe Spiderman is not quite the right tone to set after the beautiful peony card. The words "juvenile" and "immature" spring to mind. Really, how can you expect to be taken seriously if you do stuff like that?

Crotchless panties would be a more mature choice.

The stupid socks are driving me batty. Perhaps it's my cold fuddled head, but I knit two rows last night and fucked up the pattern royally. On only one of them, which is mildly surprising. Grrrr. So I have decided in the cold light of day that I will knit them one at a time until the pattern is done, and then put them back together and magic loop the foot. That's the plan anyway.

Really, I have to add this: Am I stupid? I don't think so. I have a pretty good grasp of normal concepts but man, some of the the simplest things seem to elude me. Feeding your kids in the car, reading the instructions before you start... take the humble Post-it Note. This invention has changed the workplace, and is invaluable for a number of tasks. Knitting, for example. Nothing is better for keeping track of where you are in a pattern. Nothing. It blocks the next row and clearly underlines the row you are working on. Zero ambiguety.

And yet at took me 20 rows. 20. to figure this out. I frogged back at least 10 rows total on about 5 separate occasions, just because I was too lazy to get off my butt and find a Post-it. (A real one, not the G&T knock-offs that fall off after 3 repositionings).


But now I give you:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Mother of Pearl!